I still enjoy children's books and will continue to do so. Some of these books I've read as a child, others as I was older. Of the ones I've read these are my favorites:
1.Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Even though I wouldn't categorize these as children book, that's what they are listed as and I couldn't not include this amazing series!
2. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
4. Holes by Louis Sachar
5. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit
- I don't think this one is labeled as a children's either, but to me it is a children's book that can be enjoyed as an adult
6. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
7. The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
8. Matilda by Roald Dahl
9. I Spy Books
10. The Woman in the Wall by Patrice Kindl
- This is considered a book for young adults, but I think it's a children's book that can be enjoyed by teens
There are many others that I loved and haven't read that I want to!
As a child, I can remember reading and loving Nancy Drew, Boxcar Children, Sweet Valley High, The Baby Sitters Club, Clue, and Goosebumps - I just don't remember them enough to list as favorites.