Always
Over the Top (Winter Games Book 5) Kindle Edition
Dr. Rebecca Sharp
Demetri: The Volkov Empire Kindle Edition
Crystal Daniels, Sandy Alvarez
DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet #1)
Hayley Faiman
UnChain Me (Savage Beast MC #3)
Hayley Faiman
Earth Bound
Mike Chamberlain, Christine Feehan

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson)

Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2) - Darynda Jones Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson #2)by Darynda Jones5 of 5 starsCharley Davidson, Grim Reaper Extraordinaire, is back in this sexy, suspenseful novel of supernatural shenanigansWhen Charley is rudely awakened in the middle of the night by her best friend who tells her to get dressed quickly and tosses clothes out of the closet at her, she can’t help but wonder what Cookie’s up to. Leather scrunch boots with a floral miniskirt? When Charley is rudely awakened in the middle of the night by her best friend who tells her to get dressed quickly and tosses clothes out the closet at her, she can’t help but wonder what Cookie’s up to. Leather scrunch boots with a floral miniskirt? Together? Seriously?After dragging Charley out the door and trying unsuccessfully to stuff her into a trunk—mostly ‘cause Charley pitches a fit—Cookie finally explains that a friend of hers named Mimi disappeared five days earlier and that she just got a text from her setting up a meet at a coffee shop downtown. They show up at the coffee shop, but no Mimi. After a brief investigation, Charley finds a message on the bathroom wall. Mimi left a clue, a woman’s name. They head to the parking lot only to be accosted by a frantic husband with a gun. After some soothing words and a few deep breathing exercises, the husband, aka Warren Jacobs, hires Charley to find his wife. He explains that his wife had been acting strange since she found out an old friend of hers from high school had been found murdered a couple weeks prior. The same woman Mimi had named in her message.Meanwhile, Reyes Alexander Farrow (otherwise known as the Son of Satan. Yes. Literally) has left his corporeal body and is haunting Charley. He’s left his body because he’s being tortured by demons who want to lure Charley closer. But Reyes can’t let that happen. Because if the demons get to Charley, they’ll have a portal to heaven. And if they have a portal to heaven…well, let’s just say it wouldn’t be pretty. Can Charley handle hot nights with Reyes and even hotter days tracking down a missing woman? Will Cookie ever get a true fashion sense? And is there enough coffee and chocolate in the world to fuel them as they do?My thoughts....I have to say this is one of the best books I have read in a really long time.This book was a page turner from the beginning to the end sit on your seat of the pants kind of book wondering what is going to happen next.Charley Davidson, Grim Reaper Extraordinaire, is back in this sexy, suspenseful novel of supernatural shenanigans with cohort Reyes Alexander Farrow (otherwise known as the Son of Satan). Charley has supernatural powers that allow her see people and cross them over and into the light just like the Ghost Whisper show on TV.Charley uses her powers for only good and is like a private investigator when her friend Mimi comes to her to help her find her missing friend.While the two start there investigation the find that the missing disappearance to there friend is connected to and event that happen years ago when she was a kid.All those connected with that night are ending up dead. As usual Charley is attracting attention and somebody is trying to kill her.Reyes is always close by and seems to be there for her whenever she is in danger .Reyes has left his corporeal body and is haunting Charley. He’s left his body because he’s being tortured by demons who want to lure Charley closer. Reyes is in love with Charlie and will do everything he can to protect her and if dying does that he will gladly make that sacrifice but not only does her want to protect Charlie Reyes doesn't want the other demons using him as a portal hole and reeking havoc in our world.The chemistry between Reyes and Charley is so heart felt she just melts in his arms from his kisses. Not sure how this happens as he is a ghost but, boy is she experiencing the effects from great love making and taking us readers along for the blissful ride.Charley's investigation takes readers on one hell of a ride.She is persistent and has faith that she will be able to find out what happened to Mimi's friends in the meantime getting caught up in various dangerous situations she will find out what a special she was given as she sees it as a curse now and finding that she has more powers that she even new they just needed to be tested. I am rooting for her and Reyes but it won't be and easy ride there is plenty of heart beak ahead for this couple but I am rooting for a happening ever after.Second book in the series as I missed the first I ordered it.I am going to love this new series. I just happened to see this book at my local library and decided to pick it up as I never heard of this author before and now that I have I am hooked. A recommended read for all!