Always
Over the Top (Winter Games Book 5) Kindle Edition
Dr. Rebecca Sharp
Demetri: The Volkov Empire Kindle Edition
Crystal Daniels, Sandy Alvarez
DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet #1)
Hayley Faiman
UnChain Me (Savage Beast MC #3)
Hayley Faiman
Earth Bound
Mike Chamberlain, Christine Feehan

The Bridegroom Wore Plaid (MacGregor Trilogy #1)

Buy:Amazon Uk/Amazon US

Reviewed by: Angels

Format:Kindle

Published:Sourcebooks Casablanca

Source:net gallery

Genre: Historical Romance

5 STAR READ

Description

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Grace Burrowes keeps winning reader awards for her gorgeously imagined books. If you're already a fan, you'll devour her new characters and if you haven't yet discovered the richly drawn worlds of Grace Burrowes, you're in for a treat....

"Memorable heroes. Intelligent, sensual love stories. This author knows what romance readers adore."--RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars

His Family or His Heart -- One of Them Will Be Betrayed...

Ian MacGregor is wooing a woman who's wrong for him in every way. As the new Earl of Balfour, though, he must marry an English heiress to repair the family fortunes.

But in his intended's penniless chaperone, Augusta, Ian is finding everything he's ever wanted in a wife.

"Historical details enrich Burrowes's intimate and erotic story, but the real stars are her vibrant characters and her masterful ear for dialogue. Burrowes is superb at creating connections that feel honest and real."--Publishers Weekly, Starred Review

My Thoughts and Review

I have to say that since the first time I picked up one of Grace Burrowes books that I just fell in love with them.

This was such a cute and enjoyable read that brought great enjoyment.This plot was engaging and found myself smiling throughout the story quite a bit.And you had to love the two main characters Augusta Merrick and Ian Macgregor but, I have to say I love Augusta the most she suprised me the most.Augusta is a spinsiter and a poor relation with cat in tow .But,Augusta is not really any of those things at all but, a bright, beautiful and intelligent,and funny and not what you would expect of a spinster at all not your meekly type even though she tries to stay in the shadows.

The almost Earl of Balfour Ian MacGregor is in need of a bride with tons of money to secure his clan future an invites his prospectve bride to his home to woo her. Little does he know his bride wants no part of marriage to him or anyone for that matter.But, he plans to succeed no matter what he needs the money a bride will bring to save the future of his clan and family.

Ian the dashing Scot who cannot help but be intrigued by Augusta instead ,she is not what he expected .
Ian and Augusta feel the same instant attraction for one another from the very beginning but, both know it will never lead anywhere so why bother to presue it.Ian though, can't stay away or seem to leave Augusta alone for very long so they strike a bargain to have a brief affair before he marries.

Life is never easy .You feel the pain for this couple as you see them slowly falling in love that will lead to know where but heartbreak. There were a lot of other things going on throughtout this story to engage you others in persuit of love others loving others that they cannot have .Someone trying to murder one of Ians guests making the plot even more intriguing.

Overall I loved this book and mostly because of Augusta she made the pages come alive.You could not help the ingenoius mind she had with no ill intent to harm others but bent on making them happy even at the expense of her own broken heart.Also you could not help but , love that she brought a rough and tough Scotman to his knees without plotting but, by just being herself.

All the other characters were engaging  as well  some playfull and some just down right deceitful and dangerous lending there own adventures to the story as well which kept you turning the pages to the point where you could not book put the book down and lead you to read the story into the wee hours of the morning.

I am a sucker for this kind of love story as I like rooting for the underdog in the story hoping the unspecting will achieve the happily ever after too !

A recommended read to all ! Be sure to check her other Historical Romances too they were all wonderful and enjoyable reads as well.