Always
Over the Top (Winter Games Book 5) Kindle Edition
Dr. Rebecca Sharp
Demetri: The Volkov Empire Kindle Edition
Crystal Daniels, Sandy Alvarez
DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet #1)
Hayley Faiman
UnChain Me (Savage Beast MC #3)
Hayley Faiman
Earth Bound
Mike Chamberlain, Christine Feehan

A Lady Awakened (Blackshear Family)

A Lady Awakened - Cecilia Grant, Susan Ericksen A Lady Awakened (Blackshear Family #1) by Cecilia Grant 4 stars http://angelswithattitudebookreviews-... In Cecilia Grant’s emotionally rich and deeply passionate Regency romance debut, a deal with a rumored rogue turns a proper young woman into . . . A Lady Awakened. Newly widowed and desperate to protect her estate and beloved servants from her malevolent brother-in-law, Martha Russell conceives a daring plan. Or rather, a daring plan to conceive. After all, if she has an heir on the way, her future will be secured. Forsaking all she knows of propriety, Martha approaches her neighbor, a London exile with a wicked reputation, and offers a strictly business proposition: a month of illicit interludes . . . for a fee. Theophilus Mirkwood ought to be insulted. Should be appalled. But how can he resist this siren in widow’s weeds, whose offer is simply too outrageously tempting to decline? Determined she’ll get her money’s worth, Theo endeavors to awaken this shamefully neglected beauty to the pleasures of the flesh—only to find her dead set against taking any enjoyment in the scandalous bargain. Surely she can’t resist him forever. But could a lady’s sweet surrender open their hearts to the most unexpected arrival of all . . . love? My Thoughts and Review Wow!What a nice start to a new series and a Debut novel for Cecilia Grant. I have to say that I loved it.Desperate things drive people who are a good person all around to do something so drastic in order to save the lives of other giving no thought to her own circumstances . Martha's husband has left her childless with no heir to claim his estate except for a disapproving male heir. Martha learns that husbands brother has taken the maids in her household and left them with child and just carried on and shaming those women for life. Martha hatches a plan to conceive a child with the help of a neighbor Theo paying him to be her stud hoping for a child of this affair to claim the estate and keep it out of the hands of a scoundrel. Theo excepts the bargain as he is need of the money for the estate he is now trying to put to rights.This was a story from the beginning that you would assume that there will be know happily ever after. Loved the main character's Theo and Martha but, also the others as the all made the book work and all parties in general working together for a common goal. You saw a couple slowing falling in love learning from on another and really working toward a lasting relationship for two people no matter how the started off.The book's story worked for me as I think these circumstances brought a couple together who needed to be together in order to heal one another. I liked the friendship that built slowly for this couple as you saw there relationship unfold before your eyes it was very endearing to see. I have to say that I rooted for this couple from the beginning hoping for a happily ever after but, Martha has a duty yo uphold and there will be not time for love and happiness for her she has come to terms with it but, she is a very clever women made she might just pull something off after all. Looking forward to the next book in this series coming out this summer.I thought Cecelia did a great job on her first book and can't wait to see what is next. Recommended read to all !