Always
Over the Top (Winter Games Book 5) Kindle Edition
Dr. Rebecca Sharp
Demetri: The Volkov Empire Kindle Edition
Crystal Daniels, Sandy Alvarez
DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet #1)
Hayley Faiman
UnChain Me (Savage Beast MC #3)
Hayley Faiman
Earth Bound
Mike Chamberlain, Christine Feehan

Cravat: Best Heroes of Regency Romance

Penelope ( A Madcap Regency Romance ) - Anya Wylde Slightly Dangerous - Mary Balogh What I Did For a Duke - Julie Anne Long Reforming Lord Ragsdale - Carla Kelly The Perfect Rake (Merridew Series) - Anne Gracie Ravished - Amanda Quick Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake - Sarah MacLean Lord of Scoundrels - Loretta Chase Devil in Winter - Lisa Kleypas To Desire a Devil - Elizabeth Hoyt
Reblogged from Cat's Books: Romance :

Like many long time romance readers, I have read a lot of Regency Era Historical Romances. For some readers historical = regency.

Regency is appealing because of the amazing romance foremothers Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer as well as because of the fashion, setting, and all those rules waiting to be broken.

Here is a list of some of my favorite heroes of this overflowing genre! I tried to pick only one book from the each author, to keep the the grand dames mentioned above out of it, and to show the breath and depth of the subgenre. Enjoy!

1. Penelope by Anya Wylde. It takes a great hero to balance a nut like Penelope. I give you ,Charles, Duke of Blackthorne.

“Can I have my ear back?" He asked irritably.
She blinked.
"Mother, can you tell this creature here to loosen her hold?”
― Anya WyldePenelope

2. Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga) by Mary Balogh. The Uptight and oh so handsome  Wulfric Bedwyn

“And infatuated be damned. He was near to being blinded by his attraction to her. He was in love, damn it all. He disliked her, he resented her, he disapproved of almost everything about her, yet he was head over ears in love with her, like a foolish schoolboy.
He wondered grimly what he was going to do about it.

He was not amused.

Or in any way pleased.”
― Mary BaloghSlightly Dangerous

What I Did For a Duke: Pennyroyal Green Series by Julie Anne Long

Ah, the older man, Moncrieffe.

“A proper kiss, Miss Eversea, should turn you inside out. It should . . . touch places in you that you didn’t know existed, set them ablaze, until your entire being is hungry and wild...It should slice right down through you like a cutlass with a pleasure so devastating it’s very nearly pain … It should make you want to do things you’d never dreamed you’d want to do, and in that moment all of those things will make perfect sense. And it should herald, or at least promise, the most intense physical pleasure you’ve ever known, regardless of whether that promise is ever, ever fulfilled. It should, in fact . . . ” he paused for effect “ . . . haunt you for the rest of your life.”
― Julie Anne LongWhat I Did For a Duke

4. Reforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla Kelly. Naughty Lord Ragsdale

“Oh, well, she decided as her eyes began to close, it is better to love foolishly than to hate bitterly. I hope I am wiser than I was and more kind.”
― Carla KellyReforming Lord Ragsdale

5. The Perfect Rake (Merridew Series) by Anne Gracie. Rakish Lord Carradice.

“I would appreciate it if you would stop… stop… ogling me like that," she hissed, tugging her very modest neckline higher. "It is very embarrassing." She folded her arms across her breasts defensively. He tried to look contrite. "It wasn't me," he confessed. "It was my eyes. They are bold and easily led and have no sense of propriety.”
― Anne GracieThe Perfect Rake

6. Ravished by Amanda Quick. Gideon Westbrook, Viscount St. Justin

“When you are rich and powerful, no one will challenge you to your face or give you a chance to explain yourself. All the whispers are behind your back. You are left with no means of clearing your own name. And after a while you realize there is no point in even attempting to do so. No one wants the truth. All anyone wants is the chance to add more fuel to the fires of gossip. The whispers become so loud that sometimes you think you will drown in them.”
― Amanda QuickRavished

7. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean. Gabriel, the unreformed.

“He smiled, setting his forehead to hers. "you are very bad for me. I am trying to turn over a new leaf--I am trying to be more gentlemanly."
"But what if I want you to stay a rake?" she teased, her fingers trailing down his neck and chest, fingering the buttons on his waistcoat. "A libertine, even?" she slipped one fastening from its seat and he grabbed her errant hand, bringing it to his lips for a swift kiss.
"Callie," he said, his voice thick with warning as she set her free hand to the second button on his coat.
"What if I want the rogue, Gabriel?" the question was soft and sweet.
"What are you saying?"
She kissed across the firm square line of his jaw and whispered to him, shyness in her shaking voice, "Take me to bed, Gabriel. Give me a taste of scandal.”
― Sarah MacLeanNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake

8. Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. Grumpy Dain.

“I must be besotted,” he said evenly. “I have the imbecilic idea that you’re the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen. Except for your coiffure,” he added, with a disgusted glance at the coils and plumes and pearls. “That is ghastly.”

She scowled. “Your romantic effusions leave me breathless.”
― Loretta ChaseLord of Scoundrels

9. The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers, Book 3) by Lisa Kleypas. Yummy Sebastian.

“I’ll take your bet,” he said grimly. “I’m going to win it. And in three months, I’m going to put this back on your finger, and take you to bed, and do things to you that are outlawed in the civilized world.”
― Lisa KleypasDevil in Winter

10. To Desire a Devil (The Legend of the Four Soldiers) by Elizabeth Hoyt. Reynaud St. Aubyn. Man alive!

“Shh,” he whispered. “You asked me if I loved you. I do. I love you more than life itself. Nothing matters in this world but that you live. Can you do that for me? Can you live?”
― Elizabeth HoytTo Desire a Devil

To vote for your favorite Regency Romance Heroes go to the Goodreads list: Cravat: Best Heroes of Regency Romance

To ogle some Regency Era hotties and get more recs, visit my Pinterest Board: Cravat: Best Regency Romance Hero.

Did you know that you can request a list? You can!

This list goes out to Robin.