Gangster Moll
Waste of Worth
Bethany-Kris
Gun Moll
Erin Ashley Tanner, Bethany-Kris
DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet #1)
Hayley Faiman
Earth Bound
Mike Chamberlain, Christine Feehan
Unbeloved: Undeniable, Book 4 Audible Audiobook – Unabridged Madeline Sheehan (Author), Tatiana Sokolov (Narrator), Tantor Audio (Publisher)
Madeline Sheehan
Angels in Leather
Bella Jewel
Merry Cowboy Christmas
Chelsea Hatfield, Hachette Audio, Carolyn Brown
Last Ride (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club)
Chantal Fernando

Hooking Friends on Romance

Moon Called - Patricia Briggs Morning Glory - LaVyrle Spencer The Duke of Shadows - Meredith Duran The Story Guy - Mary Ann Rivers Love Hacked: A Reluctant Romance (Knitting in the City) (Volume 3) - Penny Reid The Lady's Tutor - Robin Schone To Seduce a Sinner - Elizabeth Hoyt Up From the Grave - Jeaniene Frost Slave to Sensation - Nalini Singh Heart Mate - Robin D. Owens
Reblogged from Cat's Books: Romance :

I adore getting my friends and colleagues hooked on Romance. We all have very high stress and emotional jobs and so pleasure reading is so important to our mental health.

What I recommend as the gateway drug varies widely depending on the person

For a friend suspicious of romance due to feminist concerns I recommend: A Brother's Price by Wen Spencer, Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1) by Ilona Andrews or Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, Book 1) by Patricia Briggs

For a friend doubting the quality of the writing in the genre, I recommend

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon or Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer

For a friend who loves history, I recommend The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran  or Night in Eden by Candice Proctor

If the friend needs to laugh, I recommend,  Shelly Laurenston, Penny ReidAlice Clayton, or Kresley Cole (a lot of laughter is needed(

For a friend who loves psychology, I recommend, The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers  or A Kiss for Midwinter by Courtney Milan

For a friend worried about all that sex, I recommend Christy by Catherine Marshall  or Lord Carew's Bride  by Mary Balogh

For a friend who wants more sex, I recommend  Sheltered by Charlotte Stein

The Lady's Tutor by Robin Schone or  The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost

For a friend that loves to travel: Laura Florand or Rosalind James.

For a friend that needs a good sob, I recommend Dream a Little Dream by

Susan Elizabeth Phillips or To Seduce A Sinner by Elizabeth Hoyt

For an animal loving friend, I recommend  the Heartmate Series by Robin Owens or Nalani Singh's Psy/Changling Series.

Anyone of these wonderful writers is addictive.

What romance books to you recommend to a first time romance reader?

Then, once I have them hooked or back into reading romance, what do I recommend next?

For Linda, my animal loving friend who is all caught up on the Heartmate Series and its talking cats, I am going to recommend

1. Protector of the Flight by Robin Owens (start with the first book but this one has flying horses)

2. Nalani Singh's Psy/Changling Series.

Enjoy!