The Tattooed Hero is massively over done in Paranormal, New Adult, and Contemporary Romance. This fact won't keep me from doing best of lists on these heroes but it is a character trait that has become an easy go to in order to develop a certain kind of hero-- Bad boy. Warrior. Biker.
The Historical Hero with a tattoo is so very much more rare. These tattoos come of being in prison, smuggling, captivity, or other not so common Historical Romance Hero things to be doing or being.
Thus, Historical Heroes with tattoos are actually interesting!
Here is a list of Historical Heroes with Tattoos for your reading pleasure. Of course, the tattoos are always a surprise so, SPOILER Alert!
1. To Desire a Devil by Elizabeth Hoyt
2. The Blue Viking by Sandra Hill
3. Seduce Me At Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas
4. Beau Crusoe by Carla Kelly
5. The Dragon's Bride by Jo Beverley
6. Bone Deep by Bonnie Dee
7. I Thee Wed by Amanda Quick
8. San Francisco Surrender by Donna Fletcher
9. In Bed With the Devil by Lorraine Heath
10. The Chief by Monica Mccarty
Do you know of some Historical Heroes with Tattoos? Gimme! Gimme!
If you would like to vote for the best of the best, go to the Goodreads list: Tattooed Man in Historical Romance.
If you would enjoy gazing at sexy tattooed men, check out my Pinterest
I will be doing Best Contemporary and Paranormal Romance Heroes with Tattoos next and then moving on to Inked Up Romance Heroines. Stay tuned!